Unlike other simple implementations on the market, WeCam adopts a kernel-driven mode with the best compatibility. For all other programs including Android emulators, WeCam is a standard computer camera. There is no question of what programs WeCam supports, only whether other programs support the camera. In other words, as long as other programs support the camera, you can use WeCam, unless they deliberately do not support it.
Of course, if you modify the default resolution and output format of WeCam, you need to consider whether the modified settings can be supported by other programs. For details, you can check the format requirements of the related programs for the camera.
However, WeCam can be used as a system camera in the Android emulator, so that it can be used in various Android apps. For details, please see here.
Option Settings> Audio Settings> Default Playback Device The speaker button on the right selects the device category, select WaveOut device and try again.
It may be caused by the privacy settings of the latest version of Windows. You can open Windows Settings> Privacy> Camera and turn on the "Allow apps to access your camera" switch , And then re-run the program.If only some cameras can’t see it, it’s probably some virtual video:
Maybe the other party's program is 32-bit, but you installed 64-bit WeCam, or vice versa.
If you really want to play, you can uninstall WeCam and reinstall the same 32-bit or 64-bit version of the program as the other party.
If you still have problems, please try to install DirectX 11 and try again. It is impossible to reinstall the system.
WeCam supports the DLNA projection protocol, so you can put photos, videos and music on WeCam for playback through your mobile phone.
Click the Add Media Object button on the toolbar and select "Streaming/Mobile Screen Mirroring" to add a streaming media object, tick [Receive mobile phone screencasting] in the object's property panel, and then you can project the media to WeCam in the mobile phone screencasting APP for playback! Note that when casting the screen, select the device "WeCam" (if you can’t find it, it’s the APP or your network configuration is a problem), you can install iPlayTo | TV AssistantiPlayTo. a> Mirror the screen.
Sometimes we need WeCam's running log to understand why it is not working properly, select Option Settings> Other Options> Generate Logs and then exit WeCam and re-run it will generate logs. Click on the right of this option The icon will open the directory where the log is located.
After completing your operation, you can send the logs generated in this directory to us for analysis.
Find other cameras in "Imaging devices" of the system device manager, right-click and select Disable Device to disable it. Right-click on it and select Enable Device to re-enable it if you want to use it again.
Find our camera in "Imaging devices" in the system device manager, right-click and select Disable Device to disable it. Right-click on it and select Enable Device to re-enable it if you want to use it again.
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera.
- Choose your preferred setting for Allow apps to access your camera.
- Under Choose which apps can access your camera, turn the individual settings for apps On or Off.
Our camera is a standard webcam and can be used with all software or websites. If a software or website can't use it but can use a hardware camera, it is likely that it intentionally blocked our camera. You can:
- iVCam: Change the device name and try again - In PC client, Settings > Miscs > Device Name
- WeCam: Click here to see more...
First, please check if you can find our camera in the system Device Manager> Imaging Devices.
If you can’t find our camera:
- Please uninstall this program and reinstall it with administrator privileges.
If it can be found and is in normal condition:
- It may be caused by the privacy settings of the latest version of Windows. You can open Windows Settings > Privacy > Camera and turn on the "Allow apps to access your camera" switch , And then re-run our program.
If it can be found but the status is abnormal:
- If a yellow exclamation mark is displayed on the device, and "Windows cannot verify the location of this device The digital signature of the required driver.", Win7 64-bit, please install the security patchKB3033929, restart the computer and reinstall the program (please make sure you are using the pure version of Win7 SP1), you can also disable driver signing and try again;
- If the device displays yellow exclamation mark, and the right-click property displays "due to its configuration information (register In the table) is incomplete or damaged, Windows cannot start this hardware device. (Code 19)", Please look here;
- If the name is displayed as unknown device, it may be because the system security prompts whether to install the driver when you install the driver and you chose Don’t install, this is a bit troublesome, you can refer here;
- When installing this program, Windows asks if you trust our program and when installing the camera driver, please select "Trust", "Install".
- If our camera is disabled, please right click [Enable] it and then re-run the program.
Microsoft has stopped technical support for Win7. It is strongly recommended to use Win10 to run this program to avoid driver-related problems.
Didn’t find an answer? You can contact us here.